Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sixth Grade Journal: The Day Nine Children Went Missing

I was flipping through my Sixth Grade Journal today when I discovered that several of my classmates disappeared on Jan. 27, 1986. I don't remember this day. Maybe I blocked it out or maybe I just didn't care.

This was before Amber Alert, so maybe people just didn't do anything when children went missing. Maybe they just assumed the kids ran away, or were abducted by aliens or something.

Or maybe they just thought that there was no sense letting a bunch of missing kids get in the way of the education of kids who aren't missing. I certainly didn't. I kept on working on my book report and playing video games, just like any other day. What an insensitive little prick I was back then, but I guess that's how everyone was in the 80s.

01-27-86
Monday I got up got dressed ate cereal and went to school. When I got to school there were nine kids missing, so it was pretty quiet. After school I started on my report and then played coleco vision. When I finished I ate steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. After dinner I did my Social Studies watched the Music awards played Life then went to bed.

No comments: