Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sixth Grade Journal: Mr. Guido Talks. We Listen.

Do you remember your elementary school principal? I remember mine. His last name was Guido. I don't know what his first name was, so I just called him "Mister Guido." Fortunately I didn't have to call his name too often, because I stayed out of trouble for the most part, but when he called your name it would send a chill down the back of your neck. Because you knew when you turned your head your eyes would meet his scary eyes.

Yep. Mr. Guido had "crazy eyes," kind of like that runaway bride from a few years ago. So when his eyes talked to you, you listened. When he told you to stop playing baseball, you stopped... out of fear that he might murder you if you didn't.

04-20-86
In the morning I did my work then we went out and played baseball and my team lost. At lunch time we played baseball but Mr. Guido told us we couldn't play because he couldn't supervise us. After school we played the girls in softball and we won 14 to 5. We let them have 5 runs so they'd keep playin. Then I went over Dannys and we played around and did Reading. When I got home I ate Big Boys I had a salad and fish. Then I went home did Social Studies and went to sleep.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Yes I remember my six grade principal. He scared the crap out of me. He had a weird way of walking that made it seem like he would kind of slither around the school, but not say anything. Very creepy. Oh and he was like the tallest person I'd ever seen. Probably close to 7 feet. No lie. OH! he reminds me of Voldemort that's it! Except with more hair.

GetSmartGal said...

My elementary school principal was Mr. Gallagos. I spent about two days a week in office and I was such a memorable kid that when a brother that is 10 years younger than me went to that school they asked about me.

I wasn't a bad kid I was a procoscious kid with good grades... so tolerated and liked even. I knew the principals at all the schools I went to-never been much of a wallflower.