Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Whitney Is Back … You Know You Love Her


This is kind of a gay memory (and I feel OK using the word gay because I have, like, at least six friends who are gay so I think they’d be cool with it.) but I remember lying in the bottom bunk at my friend’s house. It was 1987. He was in the top bunk. We were, like, 12 years old at the time, and we were singing Whitney Houston’s “Greatest Love of All” as loud as we could. But I’m not ashamed of this. Whitney was huge at the time, and this song was huge, and I’m sure we weren’t the only 12-year-old heterosexual boys singing it that night… right?

Anyway, Whitney is back, and she’s taking Kuala Lumpur by storm (Watch the Video). And I’m sure there are some pre-teen boys there who are sitting in their huts, in their straw bunks, testing the limits of their cracking voices on Houston’s greatest hits.

Here’s the lyrics to the song in case you’re feeling it right now: Release Your Inner Whitney.

No comments: