Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sixth Grade Journal: It Started on September 11

On Sept. 11, 1985, as part of a required daily assignment in Mrs. Gostomski's sixth grade class, I made my first entry into my journal (pictured, left). As you can see on the cover, I came up with the clever title, "My Journal: By ADAM B."

Apparently I went by the name ADAM B. in all caps back then. I must have been in a gang or something that required me to do this, or maybe I was ashamed of my last name for some reason, so I just used "B" instead of Burkett.

But after recently revisiting the content of this notebook, I clearly had nothing to be ashamed of. Here is the first of several sixth grade journal installments I'll be sharing with readers of The BH:

9-11-85
"I got home ate an afternoon snack, then went outside and kicked my football around. Later, I went to my friends house and messed around."

1 comment:

Helen Pontani said...

funny! i want more Frank Fotos too!